Recent Post

Sunday, 12 August 2012

Capilano Suspension Bridge



Capilano Suspension Bridge: is a simple suspension bridge crossing the Capilano River in the District of North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The current bridge is 136 metres (446 ft) long and 70 metres (230 ft) above the river. It is part of a private facility, with an admission fee, and draws over 800,000 visitors a year. The bridge was originally built in 1889 by George Grant Mackay, a Scottish civil engineer and park commissioner for Vancouver. It was originally made of hemp ropes with a deck of cedar planks, and was replaced with a wire cable bridge in 1903. In 1910 Edward Mahon purchased the Capilano Suspension Bridge. "Mac" MacEachran purchased the Bridge from Mahon in 1935.

 Capilano Suspension Bridge Canada
Amazing Capilano Suspension Bridge
 Capilano Suspension Bridge Beautiful View Point
 Capilano Suspension Bridge
 Capilano Suspension Bridge Canada
Capilano Suspension Bridge Wallpapers

Article source: www.wikipedia.org

Email Newsletter



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *